WHY WOULDN'T YOU CHOOSE SUNDERLAND?
Sunderland is a city of energy, drive and ambition. It is a haven for ambitious tech businesses, an established automotive and advanced manufacturing hub and a vibrant cultural hotspot. It’s a city building an exciting future on a proud past, a place attracting huge investment for both its business and cultural ambitions. But don’t just take our word for it. Take a look at the facts.
Public and private sector investment being ploughed into Sunderland right now
International companies call Sunderland home
Workforce based within a 30km radius, establishing a thriving business community
- £1.553 billion – Public and private sector investment being ploughed into Sunderland right now
- 150 hectare – International Advanced Manufacturing Park soon to be built in Sunderland
- 85 – International companies call Sunderland home
- 2nd – Fastest digital turnover growth in the UK outside of London
- 2 million – Workforce based within a 30km radius, establishing a thriving business community
- 19,500 – University of Sunderland students ready to make an impact on your business.
- Top 5 – Sunderland was voted one of the UK’s top 5 best start-up locations
- 14,000 – Working within a thriving financial and customer services industry with an economic value to the city circa £210 million.
EXPLORE WHAT MAKES SUNDERLAND SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO LOCATE.
If you are looking to relocate, grow or start up your business, there’s no better place with £1.553bn of private and public money set to be invested in the city by 2024. Take a look at the bredth and depth of economic growth happening in the city right now at MAKE it Sunderland and contact the Business Investment Team for expert business support tailored to your needs. .
WIDER NORTH EAST…
Lower property costs
Coast, castles and countryside
And infrastructure connecting the region to the rest of the country…and the world
2nd lowest attrition rates
Rich and diverse culture
Unique industrial and maritime heritage to contemporary art and a thriving music scene
5 Universities within 30 miles
Providing world class training and education and access to talent
WIDER NORTH EAST…
- Lower property costs – And lower cost of living in comparison to other UK regions
- Excellent transport – And infrastructure connecting the region to the rest of the country…and the world
- Rich industrial and maritime heritage – Combined with world-class training and schools, colleges and universities
- Coast, castles and countryside – On our doorstep, regularly lauded as one of the most beautiful parts of the country
- 2nd lowest attrition rates – in the whole of the UK for financial and customer services industry employees.