POSITION YOURSELF PERFECTLY
AT VAUX YOU’RE WELL-CONNECTED BY ROAD, METRO, RAIL AND AIR.
- Direct – Trains between London Kings Cross and sunderland https://www.grandcentralrail.com
- 5 minute walk – To Sunderland Central Station for mainline rail links
- 4 metro stations – Within walking distance, connecting you to the Tyne and Wear light rail system
- 650 meters – From the Park Lane interchange for links throughout Tyne and Wear
- 20 miles – To Newcastle International Airport to the north
- 55 minutes – To reach the airport on the Tyne and Wear Metro System
- 30 minutes – By road or rail to central Newcastle
- 12 miles – From the city of Durham
- 11 minutes – Drive to the A19 junction at North Hylton to the west
- 8 miles – From the A1 junction at Birtley.
VAUX LIES WITHIN REACH OF TWO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS.
There’s a Metro from Sunderland to Newcastle International Airport every 12 minutes for flights that reach London Heathrow in an hour. Newcastle International Airport can be reached in 55 minutes by a direct connection on the Tyne and Wear Metro system. Durham Tees Valley International Airport is also just a 45 minute journey South via the A19.
DIRECT RAIL SERVICES BETWEEN SUNDERLAND AND LONDON KX.
VAUX is a 5-minute walk from Sunderland Central Railway Station, which provides a direct rail link to London. Direct train services operate between Sunderland Station and London Kings Cross and a 30 minute train or Metro journey to Newcastle Central Station or Durham, just 12 miles to the South, connects you to mainline services running between London and Glasgow.
THE METRO LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM LINKS SUNDERLAND VIA FAST AND FREQUENT SERVICES THROUGHOUT TYNE AND WEAR.
VAUX lies within a 750m radius of four Metro stations, which provide direct rail links from Sunderland to the rest of Tyne and Wear. The Metro provides fast and frequent services and is currently undergoing £375m investment. https://nexus.org.uk
AT THE CENTRE OF THE NORTH EAST, TAKING MINUTES TO REACH THE A1(M) AND A19.
VAUX is on one of the main arterial routes in the city centre with excellent road access to the northern region, Scotland and the south. Vaux provides easy access to the A19 and A1(M) junctions and lies only 12 miles (20 km) from the City of Durham and 12 miles (20 km) from Newcastle upon Tyne. At the Eastern end of the site, St Mary’s car park provides 480 parking spaces and 6 electric vehicle charging points.
VAUX IS JUST 650M FROM THE PARK LANE PUBLIC TRANSPORT INTERCHANGE.
Park Lane Interchange provides bus links to Durham, Gateshead, South Tyneside, Teesside and throughout Tyne and Wear. Stagecoach and Go North East also run regular services to Sunderland’s residential neighbourhoods that stop at the VAUX site on St Mary’s Boulevard.
Vaux will bring the city to life by creating a new, dynamic part of a growing city centre.
VAUX will attract new investment, catalyse business growth and pioneer new, progressive, sustainable city centre living: the first choice for business and a place for people to enjoy.